Wednesday, February 26, 2014

On the mind, and sadness

It's a beautifully fascinating thing, the human mind. From it's self-awareness to the vast effect that emotion can have on us, it's both poetic and tragic from time to time.

Who else gets caught up in their own head?

I do.

All the time.

 My mind teases constantly, with luscious invites to further explore my innermost thoughts, and feelings. Inviting me in for a torturous day of deep thought.

I'm not sure how anyone else feels about it, but I find it hardest to be alone with my own mind.

The negativity seeps in, the self criticism, and it distracts me from anything else. I get lost in my own thoughts. Preferring to sit alone and think, than interact with those around me.

It's hard.

But it's also so, so addicting.

One of my favourite things is to think. To learn, and to think.

At the same time, thinking is one of the things I hate most. It's the hardest thing to keep under control, or in a linear way.

It's spastic and out of place, everywhere at once.

As someone who's had bouts and trials with mental illness, there are the days where I'd love nothing more than to be able to have peace of mind. cease to exist for a little while, or have a mind that can go to complete silence when it's needed.

This post is essentially just the ramblings of an unsettled mind, but maybe it can shed some light into some form of pattern that I can't see.

I've never been sure whether it's a blessing or a curse to have a mind that can turn on me so quickly. A good day can run sour in a matter of two thoughts, just as it can be reversed in the same way.

I've never been sure if that's the signs of a weak mind, or strong one. There's strong arguments for both cases.

Just a post of ramblings on the mind, and sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment